Posted by OutWayne-COC on July 24, 2015
MSHDA will be awarding the Out-Wayne County CoC body $283,549 in Emergency Solutions Grant funding. This is a 13% increase from last year.
The Application deadline date has been extended to August 14, 2015. If you can apply on Matt 2.0 prior to 8-14-15, please do so. Applying earlier will allow MSHDA time to prepare the grant, your agency to sign it and MSHDA to sign. Remember that ESG grants cannot be billed against until both the Fiduciary and MSHDA have signed the grant document, regardless of the grant begin date.
There have been no significant changes to the NOFA, however a few points MSHDA does want to emphasize (please see the ESG NOFA for details):
· A minimum of 40% of the total grant amount must be awarded to the HARA to be used for financial assistance and case management (both prevention and re-housing).
· A minimum of 15% of the 40% must be applied directly to RRH financial assistance.
· Funding to the HARA must increase equal to or higher than the highest percent increase realized by any sub-grantee.
· The HARA must have or assign dedicated staff to oversee the HCV Homeless Preference waiting list.
· ESG DV dollars have been turned over to DHHS. CoC bodies cannot allocate any of their award money to DV agencies to administer.
· No grants will be awarded to sub-grantees under $10,000.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this funding allocation notice, please feel free to contact me.
Michelle Edwards, Homeless Assistance Specialist, Regions 6 & 10
Rental Assistance and Homeless Solutions
Michigan State Housing Development Authority
For information about MSHDA and social networking, visit